AZ series driver LED blinking but no alarm

om_tech_support_JT

AZ series driver LED blinking but no alarm

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:01 am

Q: I recently purchased an AZ motor and driver product. Currently I use the MEXE02 data editing software to program my data positions. Every time I select the TEACH/REMOTE OPERATION, the PWR/ALM led is blinking 2 times, yet the “Alarm Condition” in the “Teaching, remote operation” shows 00: Alarm not present the alarm history also doesn’t show an alarm condition. When I exit this screen the alarm goes away on the driver. Can you explain what this means and how I can remove this alarm?

A: This is not an alarm. This is an information indication LED letting the user know that the product is currently in “Teaching, remote operation”. This is a feature of the product. When using the software and in “Teaching, remote operation” section, it disables the I/O and the PWR/ALM led flashes allowing the user to know that currently the “Teaching, remote operation” is in use. This will prevent operation via the I/O.

AZ LED indicator blnking twice.jpg
AZ LED indicator blnking twice.jpg (33.1 KiB) Viewed 2159 times

You can disable this LED function by changing the parameter Information LED Indicator from its initial value of 1: LED blinks when information is generated to 0: LED does not blink when information is generated.

AZ ETO and alarm info.jpg
AZ ETO and alarm info.jpg (84.83 KiB) Viewed 2159 times

To reference this information, view page 444 of the AZ series Functions Manual.
If you have further questions on our product, its features or any other questions please contact Technical Support at 1-800-468-3982 or techsupport@orientalmotor.com.

LR

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”