ARD-KD CN9 No output voltage

jaccathem

ARD-KD CN9 No output voltage

Postby jaccathem » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:27 am

Hi,

As per post subject, I have a ARD-KD Driver and my application is nearly finished to the point that I want to execute neatly some I/O.

Now I want to see what voltage is actualy on the CN9 output terminal.
I connect the pin 7 (Out-Com) of this terminal to my com of my voltmeter, and then pin1 (controll output [Home-P]) to my Red voltmeter cable.
Then I send the slide home. After the slide is home, my computer, while reading address 007F continuously, tells me that the Home-P bit is high.
However, my voltmeter does nothing. I beeped the wires, and all seems OK. Do I need to set something in order to make this output terminal working ????

Thanks for reactions

Jac

jaccathem

Re: ARD-KD CN9 No output voltage

Postby jaccathem » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:55 am

Oops. I just saw that it is a sink device. One cant expect a voltage friom a sink machine.
Sorry for that

Jac

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi Jac,

No problem. The outputs on the ARD-KD driver are open-collector outputs which require external voltage. They will work with either sinking or sourcing input circuits as shown in the wiring examples in the manual. This type of output basically switches whatever voltage you provide. Our output either opens or closes the circuit. One tool that might help you with your ARD-KD testing is its dedicated programming and test software, MEXE02. I'm not sure if you're already using it.

You can download it here but the CC05IF-USB PC communication cable must be requested. If you're interested in the cable, please e-mail sales@orientalmotor.com.

Wiring examples are on pages 34 and 35:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 190-7E.pdf

aldoned

Postby aldoned » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:05 am

voltage friom a sink machine

tomcruzz

Postby tomcruzz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:37 pm

This type of output basically switches whatever voltage you provide.
That is just my opinion too. so be careful and always ask for someone who knows it better than you

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”