AZ: disabling the HOME PRESET button on driver

om_tech_support_JT

AZ: disabling the HOME PRESET button on driver*

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:42 am

Q: I'm using your AZ series motor and driver system to perform homing without external sensors. On the driver, there is a HOME PRESET button, can the function of that button be changed and/or disabled? If so, I would like to use it as an alarm reset button otherwise I would like to disable this button so that if someone accidentally presses it, nothing will affect the operation of the motor. What is the procedure to achieve this?

A: On the AZ series drivers, the P-PRESET function is assigned to the HOME PRESET button by default. Therefore, by pressing the HOME PRESET switch, the current motor position can be set as the absolute home position. This is required for any AZ series driver upon startup. However, once the home position is set, the function of the HOME PRESET switch can be disabled so that a new home position will not be preset even if the HOME PRESET switch is pressed by mistake. It is also possible to assign the START input instead of the P-PRESET input and start operation just by pressing the HOME PRESET switch.

You can change the assignment of the Extended input (EXT-IN) function selection using our MEXE02 data editing software to any input function on the list on page 480. Alarm reset (ALM-RST) would be "8". You would be changing the Extended input (EXT-IN) function selection parameter value from 9 to 8.

Please reference page 472 of the user manual for “Change of function of HOME PRESET switch and page 480 for the list of assignable options.
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 60262E.pdf

Please see screenshots below:

AZ driver HOME PRESET button function assignment.jpg
AZ driver HOME PRESET button function assignment.jpg (78.63 KiB) Viewed 2182 times

AZ driver HOME PRESET button functions list.jpg
AZ driver HOME PRESET button functions list.jpg (165.57 KiB) Viewed 2182 times

LR

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”