AR series drivers: C-ON input*

om_tech_support_JT

AR series drivers: C-ON input*

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:52 am

Q: I’m having trouble with AR system using Modbus RTU protocol. The motor would not move after receiving commands for positioning. No communication errors and after verifying the NET I/O monitor, the START input is confirmed turned ON but the motor never moves or executes my Data 0 move. The START and END outputs are always ON.

A: Please check that the C-ON input is ON. Your motor should generate holding torque at standstill before it can be commanded to move. For the command to be executed through Modbus when you assign the C-ON in Modbus the direct I/O is also required to be ON. If you are using the AR system with factory settings, then this input is not assigned by default and therefor it will turn on automatically. Below is the description of this C-ON input function for your reference.

AR driver C-ON input description.jpg
AR driver C-ON input description.jpg (69.74 KiB) Viewed 3877 times

If you do assign the C-ON input, then you must turn it on by using the 7Dh register, After the motor generates holding torque, then you can turn on the START input to command it to move.

AR driver C-ON input - 7Dh input commmand register, initial values.jpg
AR driver C-ON input - 7Dh input commmand register, initial values.jpg (117.56 KiB) Viewed 3877 times

Here's the AR series user manual for more information:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 065-7E.pdf

KR

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”