DiviceNet Protocol

bgmathes

DiviceNet Protocol

Postby bgmathes » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Any chance Oriental Motor Engineering is working on a DeviceNet protocol that will work with the Flex line of drivers?

om_tech_support_JT

Re: DeviceNet Protocol

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:36 am

HI bgmathes,

We do offer AR Flex drivers that are compatible with DeviceNet. However, they are not USA standard products, and we cannot support it because all documentation is in Japanese. Our standard communication protocol for our USA standard Flex drivers is Modbus RTU via RS-485 network connection. ProFace offers HMI solutions that can be easily integrated with our AR, RK2 and BLE Flex drivers. We offer network converters / gateways for other protocols such as CC-Link, Mechatrolink, and Ethercat. We can recommend a 3rd party gateway for Ethernet IP as well.

For connection examples for ProFace HMI + OM Flex, please click: http://global.pro-face.com/content/conn ... tor-co-ltd

For a full network brochure for Flex products, please see attached.
Attachments
FLEX brochure.pdf
(589.55 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

bgmathes

Re: DiviceNet Protocol

Postby bgmathes » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:18 pm

Thank You for your reply.

I am using JTEKT Corporation PLC, which has very little U.S. support available. Their PLC has devicenet master module, which we are using to communicate with other manufacturers products. I would be interested in getting more information on the AR Flex drives with device net protocol, even without the support. Can I purchase these ? and exchange the ones I have? What would be the lead time?
Thank You

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:39 pm

Hi bgmathes,

Before you decide to go with a non-standard AR series DeviceNet driver, I would suggest that you check if the AR Flex product is returnable. Some products are not returnable. We do not allow product swaps/exchanges since we're a build-to-order company. You can either check with techsupport@orientalmotor.com or your local office where you purchased our products from.

For the AR DeviceNet driver, the lead time is 7 business days to ship from one of our US factories. All literature is in Japanese. These non-standard drivers would be non-cancellable and non-returnable.

aldoned

Postby aldoned » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:05 am

Thank you

jackseasonna

Postby jackseasonna » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:38 pm

follow

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”