AZ: Composite Functions

om_tech_support_JT

AZ: Composite Functions

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:54 pm

Q: I am currently using the AZD-AD driver. I have set up an ETO so that the system will be stopped in the event of an emergency. Whenever this ETO happens, I need to reset the ETO via an input. When I turn on that input, I want the motor to automatically go to home as well so that I can start my operation over again. Is there any way for me to do this without turning on two separate inputs?

A: In regards to your question, the AZ series features a composite function which can be used to turn on two signals with one input. In this way, by turning on the one input (for your case labeled as the ETO Clear), you can do a composite function for the ZHOME so you will effectively be turning on the ETO Clear and the ZHOME input.

To use the composite function, go to the Direct-IN function setting of the MEXE02 software. Under the DIN# where you have the ETO-CLR (ETO Clear) input, scroll to the right hand side of the table where it says Composite Function. In the Composite Function section, change the “No function” to ZHOME (or HOME if you are using an external home sensor). Once this is completed, remember to write the changes to the driver and cycle the power.

AZ composite function on MEXE02 SW.jpg
AZ composite function on MEXE02 SW.jpg (164.27 KiB) Viewed 2359 times

AZ composite function on MEXE02 SW pull down menu selection.jpg
AZ composite function on MEXE02 SW pull down menu selection.jpg (156.12 KiB) Viewed 2352 times

JS

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”