AZ series: Wiring the HWTO input using a switch

om_tech_support_JS

AZ series: Wiring the HWTO input using a switch

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Q: I have the AZD-CD driver and I am attempting to wire the HWTO input. From the manual, it looks like I need to supply a voltage to the input in order to make it work. However, the system comes with jumper connections. I want to use a simple dry contact connection that I will break when I want to activate the ETO. Is it possible to wire it this way? Can I just connect the HWTO1+ to HWTO1- and the HWTO2+ to HWTO2-?

A: In regards to your post, the jumpers that are used on the AZ series drivers create a series circuit for the HWTO. This series takes the power (+V) to the HWTO1+ and it flows through the jumpers until it reaches the 0V. This is shown in the diagram below:

Default Wirig Diagram Using Jumpers.png
Default Wirig Diagram Using Jumpers.png (49.23 KiB) Viewed 91 times

However, since there are different driver statuses based on which HWTO is off, it is advised to wire the HWTO separately when using the HWTO. You can reference page 213 of the AZ function manual for the HWTO reference:

HWTO Reference - ETO Mode vs Alarm generation.png
HWTO Reference - ETO Mode vs Alarm generation.png (125.61 KiB) Viewed 91 times

Since you have a contact closure, you would wire similar to a switch mechanism. Also, since the HWTO+ will need voltage (24 VDC ±10% if you are not using the +V, but instead using the wiring found on page 222 and 223), you can use the +V input that is on the CN1 connector. Please reference the diagram below for the connection utilizing the +V input.

Wiring Diagram Using Switches.png
Wiring Diagram Using Switches.png (47.39 KiB) Viewed 91 times

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”