AZ Continuous Torque and Push Torque Difference

om_tech_support_LR

AZ Continuous Torque and Push Torque Difference

Postby om_tech_support_LR » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:43 am

Q: AZ has various types of continuous operation types. When I run my motion profile, using continuous push motion and continuous torque, I do not see a difference in these operation types. What is the difference? Is one more accurate than another?

Continuous push motion, uses a trapezoidal motion profile which means acceleration is used. When this operation type is executed the motor starts operating at the starting speed and accelerations until the operation speed is reached. Once the speed is reached, the operation continuous and maintains the speed. When the motor presses against a load, the pressure is continuously applied to the load. Use continuous push mode when acceleration is critical for an application.

Below is an example of the operation data setting via our MEXE02 software and an image of the corresponding motion profile.

pic1.jpg
pic1.jpg (51.1 KiB) Viewed 91 times

Continuous Torque control uses a rectangular motion profile. When this operation type is executed, the motor starts operating at the speed set in the operation data and it continues with that speed maintained. When the motor presses against a load, the pressure is continuously applied to the load.

Below is an example of the operation data setting via our MEXE02 software and an image of the corresponding motion profile.

pic2.jpg
pic2.jpg (52.83 KiB) Viewed 91 times

Accuracy is the same for both operation types: +/- 10% of the set value in the operating current setting.

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”