CVK Series Controlling with PC

essenceindia

CVK Series Controlling with PC

Postby essenceindia » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:15 am

We are planning to purchase CVK525BK 3D printing application, so you are requested to clarify the following:

1. Whether the model: CVK525BK combination is controlling through PC ??
2. Can you please send me more information on how to operate CVK series stepper motor with driver, please specify what are the inputs and outputs of the control circuit. Is it possible to operate CVK series motor with Arduino?
3. Do we need SCX11 to control CVK series stepper motor with Arduino? If yes please include SCX11 and other connection cables needed. We want the system in such way that it can be controlled with either Arduino or 3D printer software like Repetier (using RAMPS 1.4 etc).

You are requested to clarify the same to enable us to proceed further in this regard.

thanking you & best regards,

om_tech_support_JS

Re: CVK Series Controlling with PC

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:44 am

Hi essenceindia,

In regards to your post, the CVK525BK package consists of a motor (with a double shaft) and a driver. This driver is a pulse input type driver, therefore, you will need to provide this package with pulse and direction signals from an external controller. You can reference the I/O signals that are on this driver (CN3) by referencing page 6 of the CVD Series manual.

The external controller that we offer is the SCX11 controller. This controller is a stored program type controller that uses various serial ports such as USB, RS-232C and CANopen in order to control the motor. If connecting via USB, then you would need to download our free Immediate Motion Creator (IMC) Software from our website.

However, if the Arduino you select can output pulse and direction signals, then you would not require the SCX11 controller.

essenceindia

Postby essenceindia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:57 am

Thank you very much for detailed information. Please suggest me what else we need (like connecting cables etc) in order to interface the driver with both (Arduino and Stepper motor) and also to make the overall system complete.

Also please specify SCX11 controller is similar to Built-in controller type ??

Can we use CVK525BK with combination of PG1200N (pulse generator) + SCX11 Universal Controller instead of Built-in controller option ??

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:04 am

Hi essenceindia,

In regards to your post, since the CVK525BK package is a connector type package, I would recommend also getting the LCS04SD5
Driver Lead Wire Set (sold as an accessory) so that you would not need to make the motor, I/O, or Power cables that connect to the driver. We also offer the LC5N10A Motor Cable (3.3 ft. [1 m]) as an accessory. This is the longest length of motor cable that we offer for this series. With these two part numbers, you will be able to connect the motor to the driver as well as have the leads to connect your 24 DC power supply (required from third party) and your I/O to your external controller.

The SCX11 controller will vary from the products that we offer under the classification of "FLEX" or "built-in controller type." The built-in controller (FLEX) products allow you to store data to the driver which can then be operated via I/O, Modbus RTU (RS-485), or an FA Network. However, the SCX11 controller is a stored program type controller. When storing the programs, you would need to use USB, RS-232, or CANOpen serial ports in order to write the programs (ASCII strings).

Lastly, the PG1200N (pulse generator) is a discontinued product of ours. However, this was another pulse generator controller. This pulse generator could be used INSTEAD of the SCX11 controller. The PG1200N was a stored data type controller that allowed you to store up to 4 data sets.

essenceindia

Postby essenceindia » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:57 am

Tankyou verymuch for your clarification.

essenceindia

Postby essenceindia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:44 am

I am very sorry for the inconvenience. We want to know the clarification for Model: CVK544BK instead of CVK525BK. We want to go for CVK544BK just because of more torque requirements.

But please confirm if LCS04SD5 and LC5N10A are compatible with CVK544BK as well. Also clarify if all other aspects of controlling the motor using Arduino are same for both CVK544BK and CVK525BK?

I just want to know if all the discussions that happened among ourselves regarding CVK525BK also holds good for CVK544BK.

Do we need to buy any other extra accessories for CVK544BK when compared to CVK525BK in terms of connections and controlling using Arduino?

essenceindia

Postby essenceindia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:53 am

We want to know the clarification for Model: CVK544BK instead of CVK525BK. We want to go for CVK544BK just because of more torque requirements.

But please confirm if LCS04SD5 and LC5N10A are compatible with CVK544BK as well. Also clarify if all other aspects of controlling the motor using Arduino are same for both CVK544BK and CVK525BK?

I just want to know if all the discussions that happened among ourselves regarding CVK525BK also holds good for CVK544BK ??

Do we need to buy any other extra accessories for CVK544BK when compared to CVK525BK in terms of connections and controlling using Arduino?

You are requested to please clarify the same to proceed further.

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:31 am

Hi essenceindia,

I apologize for the delay in this response. In regards to your post, the CVK525BK package consists of the PKP525N12B [Motor] and the CVD512-K [Driver]. The CVK544BK package would instead consist of the PKP544N18B [Motor] and the CVD518-K [Driver]. The two drivers will share the same overall dimensions and connectors as seen in the dimensional diagram below:
https://catalog.orientalmotor.com/Asset/dm-cvd___-k.jpg

Therefore, the LCS04SD5 Driver Lead Wire Set would still be a valid part number for this new package.

However, since the motor is a new frame size (42 mm instead of 28 mm), there will be some differences in the motor dimensions. The motor cable would also be different and you could instead purchase the LC5N10B Motor Cable (3.3 ft. [1 m])

The rest of the discussion on the previous package will hold true for the CVK544BK package.

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”