AZD-A to SCX11 I/O

icontrolthings

AZD-A to SCX11 I/O

Postby icontrolthings » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:52 am

I am currently using the SCX11 controller to connect to the AZD-A driver. I would like to be able to execute the ZHOME command which is available in the MEXE02 software, but on the IMC Software. I have been trying to configure the I/O on both the driver and controller so that I can send a signal from |software --> controller --> driver| in order to execute ZHOME. Would this be possible, and if so, what is the best way to do this (hardware and software side)?

om_tech_support_JS

Re: AZD-A to SCX11 I/O

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi icontrolthings,

In regards to your post, it is possible to use the output from the SCX11 in order to turn on the input for the AZD-A driver. You are doing the right steps as the input on the AZD-A needs to be set for the Z-HOME. The output on the SCX11 will then also need to be setup so that you can use a general output to trigger the input. In order to do this, you will need to go to the system config tab on the IMC software. From there, go to the Driver I/O and set it to Manual settings. Once that is selected, then you can re-assign one of the outputs to be a general output (OUTx) {where x is the number for the general output}. Once that is setup, then click on the save and rest button. Now you can wire the output that you re-assigned from the 26 pin Driver I/O to the input that is for the Z-HOME on the AZD-A driver.

You can then use the terminal on the IMC software to turn on the SCX11 output by using the syntax: DOUTx = 1 {where x is the number for the general output}.

icontrolthings

Postby icontrolthings » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:38 pm

Thanks!

I am still having a slight issue however. I double checked that the wiring is correct, so let me walk you through what I did.

1. Went into IMC software, under driver I/O settings I had output 8 set as just OUT8.
2. Saved and reset
3. Wired Pin 3 of the Driver (IN4) to Pin 10 of the Controller (OUT8)
4. Typed "OUT8 = 1" in the terminal
5. The I/O monitor said that OUT8 was on
6. ZHOME did not execute

Any idea of what I did wrong? Could the voltage/timing of the signal be wrong between the two?

Thanks again!

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:50 am

Hi icontrolthings,

Can you tell me what position your switch settings are for the 5V/24V and Sink/Source? This can be referenced from page 34 of the manual:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 60080E.pdf

The input circuit will need to be completed with the IN-COM of the driver (pin 5) connected to either the 5/24 Volt out (pin 13) {when Sink is set} or to the Ground (pin 6) {when source is set}.

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”