AR sensorless homing / preset position

om_tech_support_JT

AR sensorless homing / preset position

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed May 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Q: Hi I'm using an AR Data stored type driver and motor. My application requires a homing routine via sensor less homing via ModBUS as I do not want to wire any I/O besides communication. When I trigger the HOME input via Modbus, the motor spins continuously. Can you please assist me in setting up sensor less homing?

A: When using sensorless homing, the PRESET input must be used. Via ModBUS for this homing method, please do not use the HOME input from register 007Dh. The Home Input from register 007Dh will search for a physical sensor on the CN5 connector. Since you are planning to use sensorless homing, you can preset your home position to the step value which you would like HOME to be. For example, set the PRESET position to 100 steps via ModBUS using register 038Ch-038Dh.

AR sensorless homing, preset position - preset position.jpg
AR sensorless homing, preset position - preset position.jpg (75.87 KiB) Viewed 1982 times

Jog your motor using the driver's FWD (or RVS) inputs or to any position. When you stop your motor at your desired home preset position, turn P-PRESET execute ON (1) using register, 018Bh-018Ch; this is a maintenance command. This will now make your current (location) this position to 100steps. Now if you move your motor you can create an absolute position to position 100steps and it will move to that same position.

AR sensorless homing, preset position - P-PRESET execute.jpg
AR sensorless homing, preset position - P-PRESET execute.jpg (108.58 KiB) Viewed 1982 times

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”