Querying driver alarm code from SCX11

om_tech_support_JT

Querying driver alarm code from SCX11

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:31 pm

Q: Hi I have an SCX11 controller connected to a ESMC LIMO driver which controls a motorized slide. I have created my own terminal software to communicate to your SCX11 via RS232/ASCii. I send real-time commands to execute moves. My problem is when there's a driver alarm, I cannot tell from my SCX11. I also would like to see what type of alarm it is. What can I do so I can see my driver alarm code from the SCX11?

A: If you have an ALARM output from the ESMC driver connected to the SCX11 controller's DRIVER ALARM input, then you are able to see alarms from the ESMC driver. However, it doesn't differentiate what type of alarm it is. It will just say "driver alarm" on the SCX11.

In order to see the type of driver alarm from the SCX11 IMC software, you must have some more dedicated I/O (PR, P0, P1, REQ and CK) connected between the SCX11 and ESMC controllers. Please see the ABSREQ and ABSSTS command to learn how to set this up.

It's on PAGE 184 of the SCX11 operating manual:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 60080E.pdf

Using the driver I/O auto-configuration on the SCX11 controller's Immediate Motion Creator software would make assigning the I/O easier. Please see below for a screenshot for auto-configuring SCX11 outputs for ESMC driver in Position Reading mode. This will also assign the PR, P0, P1, REQ and CK inputs that you need to query for the alarm code.

SCX11 querying driver alarm code setup - screenshot system config-driver IO.jpg
SCX11 querying driver alarm code setup - screenshot system config-driver IO.jpg (169.09 KiB) Viewed 2355 times

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”