V-Series: High Torque, Long Life, and Low Noise

om_tech_support_JT

V-Series: High Torque, Long Life, and Low Noise

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:28 am

CUSTOMER APPLICATION REQUEST:
I am searching for an AC motor that can be controlled with a variable frequency drive (VFD). This motor will be running a critical adjustment valve inside a machine where it’s difficult to access. Since we would prefer to avoid replacing this motor, it needs to last a long time. It also needs to fit into a small foot print so maximum torque in a small size is important. I can accept something that's around the equivalent of a NEMA 34 frame size, but not much bigger. I require atleast 300 lb-in of torque at a speed of 20 RPM. My machines will ship overseas, so I would also like to have global safety standards such as UL or CE. Do you have a motor that fits these criteria?

SOLUTION:
For this application, you should consider our V-Series AC Motors.

Our 90 watt V-Series 90:1 gearmotor (VHI590S2-90) is able to output 350 lb-in at 20 RPM within a surprisingly small 90 mm (3.54”) frame size. With our FE Series VFD (FE100A), you can easily control a speed range of 2.2 ~ 26.7 RPM with the built-in potentiometer or an external analog voltage while verifying speed with its digital speed display.

Due to its unique construction, high strength gear design, and increased efficiency, our V-Series gearmotors are capable of outputting the highest maximum permissible torque in its frame size. Moreover, our optimized precision manufacturing techniques makes it possible for them to generate less noise than other AC gearmotors currently out on the market. Along with the adoption of a large-diameter ball bearing, we are able to offer an extended rated life of 10,000 hours at maximum operating conditions. This means considerable savings in maintenance time and effort for you and your customers. In addition, we can also estimate your life time value based on your operating conditions. For more information, please contact our technical support staff @ 1-800-GO-VEXTA.

For more information about the V-Series such as its design, output power, types, and available gear ratios, please click on the following link:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/a ... eries.html

Return to “AC Motors”