Synchronous motor replacements?

om_tech_support_JT

Re: Synchronous motor replacements?

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:56 am

Q: I use a bunch of these motors: 2SK4A-AULA, 3SK10A-AULA, 4SK15A-AULA, and 5SK25A-AULA in my machines. I'm being told that these are being phased out (very long lead time)/eventually discontinued. No replacements are given on your website. I was recommended some brushless motor speed control systems by your tech support that can ship same day. While I may use those systems for other speed control applications, it does not work for the machines I'm currently working on. Do you offer any products that are closer to my existing AC synchronous motors, and with faster lead time?

A: Although there are no exact US standard replacements available for these round-shaft AC synchronous motors, we can recommend a similar Japanese standard metric version that can offer the same performance as well as a faster lead time. At this moment, there are no plans to discontinue them as Japanese standard products. The only difference would be the output shaft dimensions.

Please see suggested replacement models below:

AC synchronous round shaft type motor replacements, differences.jpg
AC synchronous round shaft type motor replacements, differences.jpg (59.7 KiB) Viewed 6157 times

NOTE: For customers in North/South America, Japanese standard products are considered non-cancellable/non-returnable items. A small air freight charge is added. Capacitors for single-phase 115VAC will be included for the above product models. The Japanese standard synchronous motors will ship approximately one month faster than the phased out US standard AC synchronous motors. Please call for the most up-to-date lead times.

The brushless motor systems are what we recommend for accurate speed control applications. The difference is that the AC synchronous motors are designed to provide accurate speed control based on power input frequency (50/60 Hz), and the brushless motors utilize closed-loop feedback to regulate its speed accurately. The brushless motors also offers higher efficiency and cooler operating temperatures when compared with AC synchronous motors.

For more comparison information between AC motors and brushless motors, please click the link below:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/technology ... otors.html

Attached is the datasheet for Japanese standard AC synchronous motors (Japanese with English abbreviations).
Attachments
acrct.pdf
(481.02 KiB) Downloaded 417 times

mlebois

Re: Synchronous motor replacements?

Postby mlebois » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:01 am

This is a great product! I found some more information on this website: http://www.directindustry.com/industria ... 60998.html

Return to “AC Motors”