Fuji Inverter: Changing the frequency to allow for a larger Hz setting value

om_tech_support_JS

Fuji Inverter: Changing the frequency to allow for a larger Hz setting value

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:00 pm

Q: I am using your Fuji inverter with one of your Three-Phase KII Series motors, but I cannot run the motor above 60 Hz. The operating manual for the motor states that "When driving the inverter, use it at the setting frequency 120 Hz or lower." I want to run the motor at 120 Hz; is there something that I am doing wrong?

A: The Fuji Inverter has a maximum frequency setting. The default setting of this parameter is for 60 Hz. Therefore, you will need to adjust this maximum frequency setting based on the product which you are using. A list of the recommended frequency ranges is below:

World K (WK2) Series: 6.6 to 80 Hz
BHI Series: 6.6 to 80 Hz
FPW Series: 6.6 to 80 Hz.
K2 (KII) Series Parallel Shaft (60 and 100 Watt): 3 to 120 Hz
K2 (KII) Series Right Angle Shaft (100 Watt): 3 to 80 Hz
K2 (KII) Series Right Angle Shaft (200 Watt): 3 to 100 Hz
GTR (1/2 HP to 3 HP motors): 5 to 120 Hz

You will need to select the F03 function code for Maximum frequency and set it to the value based on the list above. For your K2 series motor, the maximum frequency setting should be set to 120 Hz.

Maximum Frequency Parameter.png
Maximum Frequency Parameter.png (258.24 KiB) Viewed 278 times

I have linked the Fuji Inverter manual below for your reference. The picture above is taken from page 9-2 (electronically page 205):
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... -0023d.pdf

For further assistance on setting parameters via the Fuji Inverter, please visit the forum post below:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4351

Return to “Speed Control Systems”