BX2 series servo lock function holding torque specification

om_tech_support_JT

BX2 series servo lock function holding torque specification

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:19 pm

Q: I'm planning to use your BX2 series brushless DC motors with AC input drives for an application where I will need to have holding torque to hold my load in place after moving it to a specific target position. I found that your servo lock function would make this possible. However, I can't find any specification on servo lock holding torque. What is the specification? Will enabling servo lock generate more heat for the motor? How do I enable this function?

A: The specification for the servo lock holding torque for the BX2 series is the same as the electromagnetic brake station friction torque. This is the same as the motor's rated torque. You do not need to worry about heat generation as all of our brushless DC motors are continuous duty at full torque. The BX2 series motor systems are ideal for heat sensitive applications with positioning or speed control accuracy requirements.

To enable the servo lock function, you can either do it with a hand-held OPX-2A control module, or the MEXE02 software which you can download for free from our website. To use the software, you also need to request the free CC05IF-USB cable in order to connect your PC to the product via USB port.

Please see below for screenshots:

With the OPX-2A, you'll have to access the
BX2 servo lock function ID - enable with OPX-2A.jpg
BX2 servo lock function ID - enable with OPX-2A.jpg (46.06 KiB) Viewed 2101 times

MEXE02:
BX2 servo lock function - enable with MEXE02 SW.jpg
BX2 servo lock function - enable with MEXE02 SW.jpg (113.38 KiB) Viewed 2101 times

Return to “Speed Control Systems”