BLE: incorrect analog input voltage reading on MEXE02*

om_tech_support_JT

BLE: incorrect analog input voltage reading on MEXE02*

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:48 am

Q: I’m controlling the BLE motor speed by varying an external analog voltage signal supplied to its driver. I’m using 0-10 VDC, but when I run at 10 VDC the external voltage read out from the MEXE02 software only goes up to 5 V. I already set SW2-2 to the off position according to the manual page 41. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

A: The MEXE02 software actually reads both 10 VDC and 5 VDC as 5 VDC. A recommended test is to run the motor at 5 VDC. We know what the max RPM should be at the motor. If the 0-10 VDC analog parameter is set correctly to 0-10 VDC instead of 0-5 VDC, then the motor should run at half speed which is 2000 RPM at the motor. If the 0-10 VDC analog parameter is set incorrectly to 0-5 VDC instead of 0-10 VDC that you want, then the motor should run at full speed which is 4000 RPM at the motor. The software is only reading out half the voltage but the driver is reading the 0-10 VDC correctly.

To access the analog input voltage reading/monitor, please click on REMOTE OPERATION within the MEXE02 software, then check the check box to start monitoring.

BLE incorrect analog input voltage reading on MEXE02 - remote operation analog reading.jpg
BLE incorrect analog input voltage reading on MEXE02 - remote operation analog reading.jpg (45.65 KiB) Viewed 3981 times

KR

Return to “Speed Control Systems”