Brushless Gearmotors Can Achieve 970 lb-in of Torque!

om_tech_support_JT

Brushless Gearmotors Can Achieve 970 lb-in of Torque!

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:28 pm

Q: I've been using your BH series 1/4HP AC gearmotors for my machines. The 180:1 right-angle gearhead allows me to achieve 530 lb-in, which was fabulous. Now I'm trying to build a bigger and better version of my machine which can handle bigger loads and switch between 2 speeds. I've looked around your website/catalog, and I don't seem to find bigger AC motors. Can you help me select a product that will achieve higher torque? I'll need about 1,000 lb-in but I'll accept a little less, and I'll need about 10 RPM.

A: Thank you for being a loyal customer. Our AC motors are limited to 1/4HP, but we can offer more torque with another type of gearmotor. I would suggest that you look at our 1/2HP brushless motor/driver systems to fulfill your torque and speed requirements. Brushless motors are smaller, more energy-efficient, and they run cooler than AC motors. The constant torque output along with built-in feedback of brushless motors allow for superior speed stability when compared with AC motor systems. With the right type of gearhead and ratio, we can achieve 970 lb-in of rated torque in a much smaller footprint in most cases (please see comparison below). It is possible to achieve even more torque in the limited duty region. We also offer 2-speed switching on our brushless motor drivers, which are included in these systems. Some drivers can preset and switch up to 8 speeds.

COMPARISON WITH SIMILAR COMPETITOR MODEL:
BLF6400S-100FR VS Competitor Comparison.jpg
BLF6400S-100FR VS Competitor Comparison.jpg (87.49 KiB) Viewed 3425 times

Our BX series of AC brushless motor/driver systems can achieve up to 970 lb-in at 30 RPM. System features include encoder feedback, optional electromagnetic brake, various protection functions, long-life gearheads, and superior speed regulation (+/-0.05% max). Optional functions such as positioning, torque-limiting, preset speeds, and display capabilities can be accessed with the optional OPX-1A control module.

Our BLF series of AC brushless motor/driver systems can also achieve up to 970 lb-in at 30 RPM. System features include hall-effect sensor feedback, built-in digital display capable of preset speeds and the option to display either rotary or linear speeds, load factor display, overload warning output, various protection functions, long-life gearheads, IP65 rating, and +/-0.2% speed regulation.

Our BLV series of DC brushless motor/driver systems can also achieve up to 970 lb-in at 30 RPM. System features include hall-effector sensor feedback, RS-485 Modbus communication, optional electromagnetic brake, various protection functions, long-life gearheads, and +/-0.5% speed regulation. Optional functions such as digital display and torque-limiting functions can be accessed with the optional OPX-2A control module.

For information about these brushless motor systems, please click below:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/b ... index.html

We offer both parallel shaft and hollow-shaft gearhead options for our brushless motors. The secret to the high torque output of these brushless motor/driver systems is the FR type hollow-shaft gearhead. This is denoted by the suffix, "FR", in the system model number. The larger gears and stronger gear case in the FR gearheads allow for higher permissible torque without saturation even at high gear ratios. Please see below for other benefits of the FR flat gearheads.

FEATURES OF FR HOLLOW-SHAFT FLAT GEARHEADS:
Brushless space saving, low cost, high permissible torque, long life.jpg
Brushless space saving, low cost, high permissible torque, long life.jpg (238.27 KiB) Viewed 3425 times

BL FR structural drawing, benefits.jpg
BL FR structural drawing, benefits.jpg (122.71 KiB) Viewed 3425 times

Return to “Speed Control Systems”