BX: Individual Accel/Decel Settings?

om_tech_support_JT

BX: Individual Accel/Decel Settings?

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Q: I'm considering your BX series speed control system for a liquid stirring application. I need to slowly ramp up my speed for each liquid compound that I will be mixing. I'll need to vary each liquid compound's acceleration and deceleration times individually, and I plan to mix up to 5 compounds. I've looked through your literature for the BX series, and I'm not sure if this is the right product. Can you point me in the right direction?

A: The BX series system actually cannot store individual acceleration and deceleration times for each speed data set by the OPX-1A external control module. It only allows you to set a common acceleration time and a common deceleration time (in seconds). When set, all speed data will follow this acceleration/deceleration setting. For your application, perhaps the BLF series would be better. The driver in the BLF series will allow you to set individual acceleration/deceleration times for each of the 8 speed data you can set (same as BX). It also offers IP65 splash-proof protection for the motor, which is better than the IP54 rating of the BX series motor. The BLF series also comes with a built-in digital operator/display module that you can program the driver with, and you can choose to mount remotely (remote kit required). The BLF series doesn't offer positioning capabilities or torque-limiting of the BX series (available with OPX-1A), but if you can live with a slightly worse speed regulation (+/-0.05% vs +/-0.2% max), the BLF series would be ideal for stirring applications.

Return to “Speed Control Systems”