Connecting multiple motors to one FE speed controller

om_tech_support_JT

Connecting multiple motors to one FE speed controller

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Q: I have your FE100C inverter type speed controller and I am trying to connect 2 of your 3IK15GN-SW2 motors to a single FE100C unit. In the manual, it says this can be done but does not provide any instructions. Could you please clarify how should I connect the motors and what settings need to be changed?

A: The FE series speed controller can connect up to 2 motors of the same wattage and these two motors would be synchronized to run at the same speed. Within the FE series, we have two models: The FE100 can drive 2 motors rated up to 25W each, while the FE200 can be used with motors rated up to 90W each.

When connecting 2 motors with the FE series speed controller, the dial switch for motor output power should be set the same as the rated motor output power instead of the sum of the two motors. For example, if you are connecting 2 of the 15W motors, you should set the dial switch at 15W, just like you are connecting only 1 motor. Also, we need to watch out for the connection cable length. Depends on the length of the cable, carrier frequency may need to be adjusted. Please refer to the chart below for cable lengths and corresponding carrier frequency settings.

FE series.jpg
FE series.jpg (82.39 KiB) Viewed 3263 times

Normal Speed Setting Range: 6.6 - 80 Hz (200 – 2400 rpm)
* Should be used only in the 20 – 80 Hz range
† Should be used only in the 10 – 80 Hz range

jllennard

Re: Connecting multiple motors to one FE speed controller

Postby jllennard » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi OM-Support,
Thanks for the information update. It's helpful knowing the correct settings and how many AC motors, can be connected to the FE100 and FE200 series of inverters.

Return to “Speed Control Systems”