Hollow Shaft Gearhead Mounting Orientation

om_tech_support_JT

Hollow Shaft Gearhead Mounting Orientation

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Hollow shaft gearhead shaft mounting

Q: I am interested in your hollow shaft gearhead design for brushless DC motors. I am working on an application where I would like to mount the shaft onto your gearhead so that the shaft comes out the same side as the motor is mounted. I noticed that in your manual, you only listed mounting instructions for one direction, where load shaft comes out the opposite side of the motor. Can I mount it so that it comes out the same side as the motor?

A: In regards to your question, our brushless DC motors with hollow shaft gearhead can have the external output shaft mounted in either direction. The dimensional drawing for hollow shaft gearhead shows a cross section view of the bore (please use the link below to download dimensional drawing for 104mm frame size)

http://catalog.orientalmotor.com/browse ... etid=53755

capture-20140717-142418.png
104mm frame size hollow shaft gearhead cross-section view
capture-20140717-142418.png (76.57 KiB) Viewed 1734 times

Please note the dimensional drawing for the bore shows exactly the same dimension and structure on each end, where a ball bearing provides support on each side. Therefore, the overhung load and thrust load are the same as well regardless the mounting orientation. In addition, 2 tab holes for mounting protective back covers are available on both sides.

Please feel free to contact Oriental Motor Technical Support if there are any additional questions.

Return to “Speed Control Systems”