BX/OPX-1A: Position control with analog speed settings

om_tech_support_JT

BX/OPX-1A: Position control with analog speed settings

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Q: Since I'm shipping my machine overseas, I'm trying to simplify the controls for the operators that will be using my machine. I would like to program/preset my motor's travel distances (positioning motion profile) digitally, but control the speed for the positioning moves with analog signals. Can this be done with any of your motor systems?

A: Yes, we can do this with our BX series motors and dedicated drivers. In addition to the BX motor and driver, you'll also need the OPX-1A control module to access the internal parameters of the BX driver. 1pc OPX-1A is sufficient to set the data or access parameters of multiple drivers. You'll need to use the OPX-1A to communicate with the BX driver, then access the SEL-An (analog input) parameter. You will need to set it to 1 which sets up the driver for analog speed command (with torque limit to be set digitally). This sets up the drive to do one move (DATA0) with the speed setting set by the SPEED potentiometer on the front of the driver; and another move (DATA1) by using the external potentiometer speed setting. The rest of the moves are required to be programmed digitally and cannot use analog speed settings. You'll also need to set the SEL-CtL (control mode) to 2 which is position control mode that allows you to set actual travel distances by steps (each step is 0.72 deg). For the SEL-tr (slow start / slow stop time = accel/decel time), set it to 1 for analog accel/decel settings by using the SS, SD potentiometers on the front of the driver. Make sure that the SEL-Scn (continuous operation [scan]) parameter is set to 0. After you have done setting these parameters (and related parameters), try a positioning move (either DATA0 or DATA1) and change the internal/external potentiometer speed settings to test.

BX digital, preset positioning motion profiles with analog speed settings.png
BX digital, preset positioning motion profiles with analog speed settings.png (57.9 KiB) Viewed 1626 times

BX digital, preset positioning motion profiles with analog speed settings1.png
BX digital, preset positioning motion profiles with analog speed settings1.png (46.7 KiB) Viewed 1626 times

Return to “Speed Control Systems”