Changing the motor mounting orientation on rotary actuators

om_tech_support_JT

Changing the motor mounting orientation on rotary actuators

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:53 pm

Q: I'm using your DG200R-ARAAD2-3 rotary actuator system for a large turntable that I need to index very accurately. Your rotary table specs and design fits my needs best since I can hide the motor below my table. However, in my application, the motor cable is in the way of some other components. Can I disassemble the motor with the 4 bolts and rotate it 90 degrees so the motor cable is out of the way?

A: We would recommend NOT removing the 4 bolts and disassembling the motor from the DG2 table. When we assemble the motor to the rotary table, we preload the motor during the assembly process for the purpose of removing backlash in the gears. If you remove the 4 bolts from the motor, the motor will lose its preload and our accuracy specs such as repetitive positioning accuracy, lost motion, angular transmission and accuracy specification will worsen. There will also be possible warranty issues. We can look into building a custom product with a different motor cable orientation if your production forecast would meet our minimum requirement. Please call one of our offices to find out more or e-mail techsupport@orientalmotor.com.

Return to “Linear & Rotary Actuators and Controls”