ModBUS RTU: Integer vs Floater Values

om_tech_support_JT

ModBUS RTU: Integer vs Floater Values

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:40 pm

Q: Using your linear series actuator with ModBUS RTU. However, every time I write values to the data position registers, I get an extremely large number. For example, I wrote 10 steps and the MEXE02 reads over 13 million steps with decimal places, what can be the cause of this?

A: You want to verify your parameter settings for resolution (electronic gear A and electronic gear B and motor resolution) are set correctly according to your product. You can verify if these are correct using MEXE02 software.

Integer vs Floater - Gear A, Gear B resolution setting.jpg
Integer vs Floater - Gear A, Gear B resolution setting.jpg (269.8 KiB) Viewed 2221 times

Integer vs Floater - resolution setting with MEXE02.jpg
Integer vs Floater - resolution setting with MEXE02.jpg (189.35 KiB) Viewed 2221 times

Once you have verified the parameter setting you then want to verify the values written via ModBUS. Our product supports integer values which means whole numbers are used. Floating-point values are not accepted with our products. Floating-point values can have decimal places. Please set your PLC/HMI values to be of integer values.

LR

Return to “Linear & Rotary Actuators and Controls”