EZLimo: Manual Position Control

om_tech_support_JT

EZLimo: Manual Position Control

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Manual control of EZ limo products

Q: I have an EZS6D060M-A linear actuator to move an inspection table up and down. My application does not have pre-set locations to go to. I want to be able to manually control the up and down motion by switches or relays. In other words, I want to turn on a switch, and the actuator will go up or down until I turn off the switch. Can I do this with the EZS6D060M-A actuator?

A: The driver and controller are built in together in the same unit for our LIMO product. You can control the motion manually only when running in controller mode. CN5 connector on the back of the unit has the FWD and RVS inputs you can use to jog the actuator. If the input FWD is on, the carriage is moving away from the motor, and if RVS is activated, the carriage will move toward the motor. In order to change the speed, you will need to use the EZED2 software to set up the operating parameters such as starting speed, running speed and acceleration/deceleration time. Once you have
These parameters defined, you can use the FWD/RVS inputs to jog the motor based on these speed settings.

If you are using the EZT1 teaching pendent to move the unit manually, you will need to first switch to manual control. Please see Pg. 59 of the operating manual (linked below) for detailed instruction on switching to manual control using the teaching pendant.

http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 082-4E.pdf

Once you switch to the manual control mode, press and hold the left /right arrow buttons to start moving the actuator. The speed will follow the starting speed you set in speed parameter settings if you press the left/right arrows only. If you hold down the SHIFT key while also holding the left/right arrow, the actuator will move at common running speed that’s set in the system parameters settings.

Return to “Linear & Rotary Actuators and Controls”