Do I need to maintain your LIMO actuators?

om_tech_support_JT

Do I need to maintain your LIMO actuators?

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Q: Are there any maintenance necessary on your LIMO sliders and cylinders? I just started using your EZS II and EZC II series for a production process at my company. Other manufacturers require re-greasing of their ball screws once in a while. Do you have this requirement, and how do I apply grease to your ball screws?

A: We do suggest inspection at regular intervals. Maintenance intervals would mainly depend on your duty cycle and duration of use. The way our actuators are used also affects maintenance intervals. For example, if you push our actuators beyond our specifications, such as operating them continuously in extremely dusty or high temperature environments (which we never recommend), then you probably have to inspect your actuator more often than the average user.

The following LIMO maintenance instructions assume that your slider or cylinder operates 8 hours a day. For the EZS II series sliders, it will offer instructions to partially disassemble the actuator for you to inspect, clean, or apply grease. For the EZC II series cylinders, you do not have to disassemble it to apply grease. Please use this as a reference guide.

LIMO Maintenance (HL-0130-4E).pdf
(461.04 KiB) Downloaded 358 times

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Return to “Linear & Rotary Actuators and Controls”