CAN-DO! Dual-axes X-Y, X-Z LIMO Setup

om_tech_support_JT

CAN-DO! Dual-axes X-Y, X-Z LIMO Setup

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Q: I need to build an X-Y table/stage with your LIMO actuators because I like the fact they can run up to 800 mm/sec. I will mount a cleaning tip on an arm that will be moved by the table. There will be a part located underneath that will be cleaned with the cleaning tip. The cleaning tip needs to be moved really fast back and forth for 300mm by the 1st actuator, and the other actuator will be advancing the 1st actuator with the cleaning tip in the perpendicular direction 25mm at a time for 500mm total distance while the 1st actuator is oscillating/cleaning. The cleaning tip is pretty light; about 5 lbs. I will take care of any moment loads with external rails so your actuators do not need to handle them. I am also planning to build the same table with faster speeds perhaps double the 800 mm/sec. How would I put together a 2 axes system with your products, and what products would you recommend?

A: For your slower XY stage, I would recommend using 2 of our EZS II series motorized slide systems and one dual axes mounting bracket to connect them together. We offer both XY And XZ configurations as well as various ways to mount your actuators (see R and L types). Please see below.

Dual-axes mounting brackets for EZS II series motorized slides, X-Y, X-Z configurations.jpg
Dual-axes mounting brackets for EZS II series motorized slides, X-Y, X-Z configurations.jpg (96.37 KiB) Viewed 3480 times

Dual axes mounting, X-Y, X-Z available combination patterns, R and L types.jpg
Dual axes mounting, X-Y, X-Z available combination patterns, R and L types.jpg (132.21 KiB) Viewed 3480 times

To uphold our quality standards as well as product life, your maximum transportable mass as well as maximum stroke on the second axis (Y or Z) does decrease when you use our dual axes mounting bracket. The X axis is always carrying the Y or Z Axis so it also needs to be a bigger actuator model. Please see below for available possible combinations as well as its max transportable mass and stroke limitations.

dual axes mounting, X-Y, X-Z available combinations and transportable mass kg.jpg
dual axes mounting, X-Y, X-Z available combinations and transportable mass kg.jpg (89.25 KiB) Viewed 3480 times

For your faster X-Y stage, I would recommend a different mounting bracket. This other type of dual axes mounting bracket allows you to use our SPV series with any of our LIMO product with a stroke of up to 400 mm. The SPV series is another motorized slide system that we offer. The difference is that the EZS II series utilizes a ball screw set-up, and the SPV series utilizes a belt and pulley set-up. The belt and pulley set-up allows the SPV series to reach speeds of 1500 mm/sec. The SPV series will have to be for the X-axis which is carrying the other actuator. Since the SPV series is not designed for vertical operation, we can only offer X-Y configuration for this type of mounting bracket. Please see below.

dual axes mounting X-Y with SPV series, PAB3.jpg
dual axes mounting X-Y with SPV series, PAB3.jpg (35.2 KiB) Viewed 3480 times

For more information regarding our dual axes mounting brackets, please click the link below and see pages E-105 and E-116:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... n_acce.pdf

For your slower X-Y stage, here would be the models that I would recommend:
X AXIS: EZS4D050-A
Y AXIS: EZS3D030-A
X-Y MOUNTING BRACKET FOR R-TYPE: PABS4S3R030

For your faster X-Y stage, here would be the models that I would recommend:
X AXIS: SPV8L050U-A
Y AXIS: SPV6K030U-A
X-Y MOUNTING BRACKET: PAB3

Again, other combinations are available. Specifications can be found on our website with a simple model number search.

Here's a link that shows a complete line-up of our motorized actuators:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/r ... index.html

If you have any questions, please contact our knowledgeable technical support group via e-mail, phone, or chat.
techsupport@orientalmotor.com
800-468-3982
http://www.orientalmotor.com

Return to “Linear & Rotary Actuators and Controls”