Can the EZED2 be substituted for the discontinued EZED1?

om_tech_support_JT

Can the EZED2 be substituted for the discontinued EZED1?

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Q: Can the EZED2 software be substituted for the discontinued EZED1 software?

A: Yes. The EZED2 software package is compatible with previous versions of our EZ LIMO family of motorized linear slide and cylinder systems, such as the EZS and EZC series, which used to use the EZED1 software package. You still have to select the old actuator model from the list in order to set up the software properly.

artmuz62

Re: Can the EZED2 be substituted for the discontinued EZED1?

Postby artmuz62 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:48 pm

I would like to read about it anymore. Prompt, what literature to study?

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:41 am

Hi artmuz62,

If you are interested in reading more about the EZED2 software, then you can reference the EZED2 Data Editing Software Manual which I have linked below:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 17151E.pdf

It is important to keep in mind that different packages may use different softwares for programming. For instance, our EAS and EAC actuators, which are currently featured on our website, use our MEXE02 software. Therefore, always check to make sure that you are using the correct software.

If you are interested in reading more about the MEXE02 software, then you can reference the MEXE02 Operating Manual which I have linked below:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 60131E.pdf

xeoner

Postby xeoner » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:26 am

But we can't find the old products(such as EZS series) in EZED2 . how to find them?

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:52 am

Hi xeoner,

Do you have the part number of your EZS package? Otherwise, do you have the part numbers for your actuator and driver? With this information, I can help in selecting the appropriate product from the listings.

xeoner

Postby xeoner » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:56 am

Hi JS,
Thanks for your reply
The number of the actuator is EZS6-40M, and the driver is EZMC36I.
Another question: which type of communication protocol between this driver and PC? like RS232, or RS485

Thanks!

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi xeoner,

The EZS6-40M actuator and the EZMC36I driver require the use of the EZED1 software and cannot be used on the EZED2 software. The EZED1 software is too large to include in this forum, but it is something that can be shared via google drive. Please note that this unit requires an interface cable in order to connect to the computer. This cable was originally included with the package, but is no longer offered by our company as we no longer support the discontinued product. Originally, the interface cable connected to the RS-232C port on the computer as explained on page 65 of the brochure linked below:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... atalog.pdf

If you can provide me with an email address, then I can share the EZED1 software with you, however if you no longer have the interface cable, then you will not be able to connect the product to the EZED1 software. If this is the case, then the best options would be either to go with the EZT1 Teaching Pendant or update to a newer series of actuators. I have linked the EZT1 teaching pendant below:
http://catalog.orientalmotor.com/item/a ... 2|3001017x

Return to “Linear & Rotary Actuators and Controls”