Setting Up Sensors in EZED2 Software

om_tech_support_JT

Setting Up Sensors in EZED2 Software

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Q: I just purchased a EZS II series motorized slide package model - EZS3D050-A. I also purchased the PAES-S sensor set and the EZED2 software. Can you explain to me how the three sensors I bought will work. How do I enable them in the software?

A: One of the three sensors you have received will be the home sensor, and the other two will be your limit sensors. The sensors are designed to mount easily to the motorized slide you purchased. You will need to connect the sensor wires to the proper connector pins on the SENSOR connector on the ESMC-A2 controller, which is included with your purchase of the EZS3D050-A system.

For pin assignments of the sensor wires as well as a wiring diagram for a PAES-S NPN, sinking type sensor to our ESMC-A2 controller's I/O connector in controller mode, please see below:
PAES sensor connector pin assignments.jpg
PAES sensor connector pin assignments.jpg (190.28 KiB) Viewed 3050 times

PAES NPN, sinking type sensor wiring diagram to ESMC controller IO connector.jpg
PAES NPN, sinking type sensor wiring diagram to ESMC controller IO connector.jpg (126.08 KiB) Viewed 3050 times

You can also refer to pages 14 and 17 of the operating manual:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 082-4E.pdf

We show both PNP sourcing as well as NPN sinking wiring diagrams in our operating manual.

After communication has been successfully established between the EZED2 software and the ESMC-A2 controller, you can configure your homing settings in the EZED2 software by clicking on HOME in the left menu. You can configure your homing direction, offset distance, home type, home starting speed, and home operating speed.

There are also other parameters that you may need to set; such as LS logic level in I/O, and perhaps upper and lower software limits in COMMON.

Make sure you DOWNLOAD to the controller when you have finished setting all your parameters in the software.

Return to “Linear & Rotary Actuators and Controls”