Error Code 23: Main Power Off on EZSII Linear Actuator

om_tech_support_JT

Error Code 23: Main Power Off on EZSII Linear Actuator

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:04 pm

Q: I am using the EZC4D010-K linear actuator on my testing setup. While executing my motion profile, it works okay for short moves. However, if I try to move longer distance, the motor will alarm out and output an error code 23 (Main power OFF detection). I checked the wiring connections and did not see any error. I also made sure that my power supply was working properly. What else may cause this issue?

A: In regards to your questions, the Error Code 23 shows an issue with main power supply. Based on your description, you motor can perform short moves but not longer distance moves. Since longer distance motion usually requires more torque due to faster acceleration and more speed, thus the motor draws more current from your power supply.

So the error code 23 suggests that motor is not getting enough current from the power supply to keep operating at the speed/acceleration for longer distance moves. From the spec sheet, the maximum current rating for the EZC4D010-K actuator is 1.7A. So you will need to make sure that your power supply is rated for at least 1.7A current output in order to use with the EZC4D010-K product. The specs for rated current are listed in the catalog page for the ESMC controllers. Please check the bottom of page E-90 in the document linked below:

http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... n_cont.pdf
Attachments
capture-20130814-160228main.png
capture-20130814-160228main.png (55.25 KiB) Viewed 2787 times

Return to “Linear & Rotary Actuators and Controls”