Communication timeout with CC05IF-USB cable and MEXE02

om_tech_support_JS

Communication timeout with CC05IF-USB cable and MEXE02

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Mon May 23, 2016 11:56 am

Q: I just received my motor and Flex driver and I am attempting to connect the driver to the MEXE02 software via the CC05IF-USB communication cable, however I keep receiving an Error: Search Model Failed message. What do I have to do to successfully establish communication with the MEXE02 software?

CC05IF-USB MEXE02 communication timeout error.jpg
CC05IF-USB MEXE02 communication timeout error.jpg (87.92 KiB) Viewed 4786 times

A:
-The Driver power is not on:
In the user manual for your product, there should be a section on “Guidance.” The steps shown in this section should be followed before attempting to connect the driver to the software. The main things to make sure of is that all the power supplies are all connected. In the case of an AC type FLEX driver, both the AC input will need to be connected as well as a 24 VDC power supply. On the driver itself, check to see that the Charge LED as well as the Power LED are both lit.

-The communication port setting does not match the port to which the communication cable is connected.
Next, check to see that the connection between the CC05IF-USB cable and the computer is there. Open the communication tab on the MEXE02 software and select “Setting of the communication.” Click on the drop down menu and select the option for the CC05IF-USB communication cable. The COM port should read something along the lines of “ORIENTAL MOTOR/Virtual COM Port.

If only COM1 is showing up, then either the communication cable is not connected or there is an issue with the driver download. Open up the device manager on your computer, click on the option for the “Ports (COM & LPT).” If there is a yellow triangle next to the COM port, rick click the triangle and update the driver. If this still does not work, then uninstalling and re-installing may allow the driver to update.

Return to “General”