Oriental Motor IP Ratings

om_tech_support_JT

Oriental Motor IP Ratings

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu May 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Q: What is the IP (ingress protection) rating of your gearheads? I need an AC induction motor for a food handling equipment which would be exposed to periodic washdowns with water.

A: Since Oriental Motor offer motors and their dedicated gearheads together as packages, we provide IP ratings for specific motor and gearhead combinations only. They are listed in the GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS in each product series section in our catalogs, brochures, and also on our website under "Degree of Protection". The easiest way to find IP ratings would be to search for complete package models on the website.

I would recommend that you look into our FPW series watertight AC induction motors. They are rated for IP67 which is both completely dust-proof and usable after immersion in water under specified conditions (immersion to a depth of 1 m for 30 minutes).

FPW SERIES CATALOG: http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... ac_fpw.pdf

Here's an example of how to locate the IP rating from the GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS from the FPW series section of our general catalog (we also offer catalog PDF links online under the DOWNLOAD tab on our website):

General specifications, FPW series IP67 degree of protection rating.jpg
General specifications, FPW series IP67 degree of protection rating.jpg (185.46 KiB) Viewed 4405 times

This is also on page C-207 of our 2012/2013 general catalog.

I would also suggest that you look at some of our brushless motor systems. Most of these motors have an IP65 rating which means completely dust-proof and protection of water jet from all directions (sprayed water jet of 30 kPa at a rate of 12.5 L/min. for 3 minutes from all directions from a distance of 3 m). Since all of our brushless motor systems have built-in closed-loop feedback, it can regulate speeds at up to +/-0.05% (BX series).

BRUSHLESS MOTOR SYSTEMS OVERVIEW: http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/b ... index.html

Return to “General”