SCX10/11 System I/O Status

om_tech_support_JT

SCX10/11 System I/O Status

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:15 am

Q: I am trying to write a home routine profile using only the home sensor on your SCX10 controller. I assigned IN4 to Home sensor input. But when I check the input status in the terminal with the IN command, the result is always OFF. I verified that my optical sensor is working property by blocking it with an object and it turns on/off as I move the object. Is this an input terminal error, or is there any system setting or configuration I need to change to enable it?

A: The SCX10 controller has 9 programmable inputs where you can use them as general input for either sequence selection or conditional statements inside the program. Or they can be configured to specific system inputs such as Limit Sensors, Home Sensors, Home Routine Start etc. When these inputs are assigned to system inputs, the IN command for checking the input status will no longer work for these inputs. When you use the IN command to check the status, the system inputs will always be shown as 0, regardless of the status. Instead, you will need to use the INSG input to check for these system input status. This will also apply to the programmable outputs as well. Once the outputs signals are assigned to system outputs, OUTSG will be used to check the output status.

In addition, instead of displaying the individual input or output as 0 or 1, the INSG/OUTSG command will return a decimal number which is the binary representation of the signal status. Please refer to the table below for the system input/output status:

INSG.png
INSG.png (114.94 KiB) Viewed 4661 times

OUTSG signal status table is shown below:

outsg.png
outsg.png (131.78 KiB) Viewed 4661 times

aldoned

Re: SCX10/11 System I/O Status

Postby aldoned » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:09 pm

Thanks for the info

Return to “General”