MEX02 Software Issue

Discuss Oriental Motor's new NX series servo motor series, or anything related to servo technology.
jadams@hitachi-pm.us

MEX02 Software Issue

Postby jadams@hitachi-pm.us » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:27 am

I try to change parameters on the software - yet it doesn't allow them to change. The color changes from Blue to Black, but that function isn't working and not active. What am I missing when doing this. I'm trying to change an OUPUT from WNG to AREA2...

om_tech_support_JS

Re: MEX02 Software Issue

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:30 am

Hi jadams@hitachi-pm.us,

There should be a Parameters section of the manual which contains a table reference. In this table should be column called "Effective." This section describes what condition needs to be met for the changed parameter to become effective. For a change from a WNG Output to an AREA2 output, this change is shown to be effective immediately. However, this section of the table is in regards to a Modbus (RS-485) communication to the driver. The MEXE02 software will be slightly different.

In the MEXE02 software, when you change the WNG output to the Alarm Output, you will need to write the change that you made to the driver. After you have written the change to the driver, a pop-up should come up asking you to "Restore the driver." After this pop-up comes up, you should cycle power to the driver. Once the power has been cycled, the output should now be the AREA2 output.

As a final tip, whenever you write to the driver, it is best to cycle power to the driver for the changes to become effective.

Return to “Servo Motors & Controls”