ARAAD-3 FLEX DRIVER Control Methods

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
bgmathes

ARAAD-3 FLEX DRIVER Control Methods

Postby bgmathes » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Hello

My PLC (Toyopuc PC10TG) does not have capability for MODBUS RTU Master, Slave only. My Proface HMI does.
My question is, Can I use the HMI over MODBUS to manually operate and change settings to the driver, and use direct input/outputs via CN8 and CN9 to let my PLC control automatic operation?

I would much rather control over a network, but can not find anything with my plc, , that will work with the available protocols listed for the Flex system of Oriental Motor drivers.

Thanks in Advance

om_tech_support_JS

Re: ARAAD-3 FLEX DRIVER Control Methods

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi bgmathes,

As previously mentioned in the Forum linked below, the Linear and Rotary Actuators ending in the part number ARAAD-3 as well as our other FLEX type drivers can be controlled via I/O, Modbus, or an FA Network:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1094

Besides using the MEXE02 software to store up to 64 data sets to the driver, you can also use RS485 (Modbus RTU) communication to store information to the driver. I would recommend ProFace if you are looking for an easy HMI network integration method. The following link shows integration examples with a few of our FLEX type drivers:
http://global.pro-face.com/content/conn ... tor-co-ltd

With the Proface HMI option, you will be writing to specific Modbus registers for the data storage. The registers for the position and speed can be found on page 152 of the manual linked below:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 065-7E.pdf

Once the data information is stored via Modbus, you can then use the M0 - M5 inputs on the CN8 connector as well as the START input to run the specific data sequence which you wish to operate. You can reference the binary configuration of the M0 - M5 inputs on page 51 of the manual linked above.

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”