command of PK266PDA-P10, Stepper Motor

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
chouchouatt

command of PK266PDA-P10, Stepper Motor

Postby chouchouatt » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Hello,

I am new in this forum, I want to design a system to rotate a cube along an axis:

 The cube rotation range is -45° to +45°.

 The cube position should be set remotely with a resolution of 1° or less.

 The maximal torque generated by the cube is Cmax = 5 N.m

 The maximal cube rotation speed is Vmax = 1 rad/s

I though in the first to use a brushless motor with an encoder and labview to control the motor, but after same research, i found that the stepper motor are more useful for this application and maybe arduino is easlier than Labview.

Attached the datasheet of the motor that i think to use " PK266PDA-P10".
* I ask if i choose the best solution or not ?
* Can i command this motor with arduino ?
* who can i choose the driver to control the motor ?
* i see that i can use : RBD228A- K but must I use a controller with it ?

thanks a lot,
Attachments
specification1.png
specification1.png (92.78 KiB) Viewed 781 times
specification suite.png
specification suite.png (48.36 KiB) Viewed 781 times

om_tech_support_JS

Re: command of PK266PDA-P10, Stepper Motor

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:55 pm

Hi chouchouatt,

In regards to your post, selecting the appropriate part number or package will be determined by the specific application which they are being used for. You already determined that your application would best be suited for a stepper motor. The next thing to do is select what input voltage you would like to use. Based on the driver, the input would be a 24 VDC power supply. Next would be to determine the control method, which you have selected as an Arduino controller. Finally you would compare the application requirements (torque, speed, and inertia) to the product specifications.

When selecting a stepper motor product, you will need to consider a stepper motor as well as the stepper motor driver. We offer drivers that are either pulse input type drivers or built-in controller type drivers. A pulse input type driver requires pulse and direction signals from an external controller. The built-in controller type driver requires you to store data information to the driver which can be run via I/O, Modbus RTU (RS-485), or an FA Network.

Depending on the stepper motor that you are considering, there may be a packaged part number which would include the motor and the driver. From your product selection: the PK266PDA-P10 [Motor] and the RBD228A-K [Driver] make up the RBK266PA-P10 package.

The RBK series features a pulse input type driver. Therefore, it will require an external controller to provide it with pulse and direction signals. If your Arduino controller can provide pulse and direction signals to the driver, then it can be used.

In summary, a stepper motor is going to require a stepper motor driver. You could then use an external controller (or PLC) to operate the driver based on the driver requirements (i.e pulse and direction signals, I/O signals or Modbus RTU (RS-485).

ThomasTedsmall

command of PK266PDA P10 Stepper Motor

Postby ThomasTedsmall » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:19 pm

So can anyone think of a way to modify the core of a 18cm giant 3x3 to have a stepper motor rotate the centers?

EDIT: I could if needed 3D Print a core to house motors.

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”