Need Old Motor/Gearhead Info for Retooling

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
axistechxyz

Need Old Motor/Gearhead Info for Retooling

Postby axistechxyz » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:38 am

Hello. I hope all is well. I need a little help. All of our locations are in the process of retooling and trying to get life back to normal. We were heavily damaged by the flooding in December and we are just now getting to a point where we can finish rebuilding and retooling.

Many of our machines are quite old, and as such, I cannot find information on the motors or gearheads to see what exactly we have and find like replacements. I imagine the oldest of these motors/gearheads have been in use since the late 90’s.

Ideally, I would like to find out if there is a naming pattern or convention to discern at least some common features of our motors without having to ask about each model individually. I know there is at least 30-50 different models in question. If there is any way to understand at least some motor features by the model number or lot information, please let me know.

I know that we will need to replace every motor and driver. For one, it is beyond time because of their age, and two, they are damaged beyond use. However, our engineering team has to go back to the drawing boards and learn more about the new hardware that is available to create a solution that works for us. Most of our clients are government, so we have to develop every solution in house.

Please see if there is any spec sheet or data available for the motors and/or gearheads listed below. (I will update over time if the information is available.) Ideally, we need to know if the motors have Delta, Y, or Pentagonal geometry. [Unipolar, Star-bipolar, Pentagonal-bipolar, and so on] For the gear heads, we need to know the reduction or at least the naming convention to figure it out for ourselves.

Thank you!

If we can get usable info, I will update this with other models as we retrieve them. I appreciate your time.

Motor(s):
UPH566H-B-A12
PH566M-NAA

Gearhead(s):
UGK7.2K-2

axistechxyz

Re: Need Old Motor/Gearhead Info for Retooling

Postby axistechxyz » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:06 am

Motor(s):
A3939-9412

Gearhead(s):
4GK5K-D9

axistechxyz

Postby axistechxyz » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:06 am

Motor(s):

PH599H-A

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:57 am

Hi axistechxyz,

The UPH566H-B-A12, A3939-9412, and 4GK5K-D9 part numbers are custom made parts for an OEM. You will need to contact the maker of the machine for any information on the specifications or to obtain a replacement. Furthermore, the UGK7.2K-2 is unfortunately an invalid part number.

For a typical part number structure breakdown, please reference the link below page 3:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 7-B120.pdf

This link is for the UPK series which features a stepper motor and a driver as a packaged part number. We can also examine one of the motor part numbers that you provided, PH566M-NAA.

1.) PH: First is the series, in this case PH
2.) 5: 5-phase motor
3.) 6: Motor frame size, 2.36 inches (60mm)
4.) 6: Motor case length
5.) M: High resolution type, 0.36 degrees per step
6.) NA: Shaft type, single shaft
7.) A: USA version, imperial inch output shaft

Our 5-phase stepper motors have a pentagon bipolar wiring. When replacing these motors, we recommend referencing the speed-torque graphs and selecting a motor that has a similar performance. Otherwise, if you know the speed and torque requirements for your application, you can select a product that has a speed-torque curve which meets your application requirements. We would recommend going with an updated series which features the motor and the driver as we can guarantee the performance of our packaged products.

For the updated series, we offer the RK2 series which is an open loop stepper motor series, or the AR series which is a closed loop stepper motor series. Both options are offered in packages that come with either a pulse input type driver which requires pulse and direction signals from an external controller, or a built-in controller type driver which requires you to store data information to the driver that can then be run via I/O, Modbus, or an FA Network.

Lastly, If you can provide me with an email address, then I can send you the specification sheets on your old part numbers as long as they are not custom part numbers.

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”