ARD-KD Outputs

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
NMNXX

ARD-KD Outputs

Postby NMNXX » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:05 am

Please bare with me as I am still learning. I recently purchased a ARD-kd. I am having trouble getting any kind of signal from my outputs. i have searched the manual thinking I may need to enable certain ports or all. Has anyone run into this problem or is it just me? Thanks for your time and advice in advance!

om_tech_support_JS

Re: ARD-KD Outputs

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:05 am

Hi NMNXX,

No ports will need to be enabled on the ARD-KD driver in order to use the outputs. Our output signals require either a sinking or sourcing connection of 12 to 24 VDC. Based on the voltage that you are using, you will also need to connect an external resistor (Ro) to make sure that the current going to the outputs does not exceed 10 mA. You can reference this connection on pages 35 and 36 of the AR manual linked below:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 190-8E.pdf

You can also check to see if the outputs are turning on or not by using our MEXE02 software. In order to connect the driver to the MEXE02 software, you will also need a CC05IF-USB communication cable. The CC05IF-USB cable is sold separately. A link to the free MEXE02 software download is below:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/support/so ... tware.html

Once you have the driver connected to your computer and powered on, you can open up the MEXE02 software. In the software, under the Monitor section, you can click on the Status, I/O monitor which will open in a pop up window.

MEXE02 software Status, I,O Monitor.png
MEXE02 software Status, I,O Monitor.png (157.27 KiB) Viewed 481 times

Once the pop up window comes up, click on the Start the Status, I/O monitor to see the outputs turn on and off.

Start the status I,O monitor.png
Start the status I,O monitor.png (186.32 KiB) Viewed 481 times

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”