Position Data Setting by Modbus

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
bgmathes

Position Data Setting by Modbus

Postby bgmathes » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Hello

I am using an HMI that is the master on a Modbus network, connected to 3 ARD-AD slave drives.
Using the HMI, I am using a 32bit Numeric Data Entry function to write new values to the position data registers.
Example Writing a 32 bit value to 401027 d) for position 1. It accepts the Data and the axis will respond to the new value, but when power is cycled
the value reverts back to the value it originally had. I have tried turning on 400403,00 (Batch NV memory write) after inputting the position data, but that does not work.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.

om_tech_support_JS

Re: Position Data Setting by Modbus

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:56 am

Hi bgmathes,

The parameters are either saved in the RAM or Non-Volatile memory. The data saved in the RAM will be erased once the power supply is turned off. On the other hand, the parameters saved in the NV memory will be retained even after the power supply is turned off. When turning the driver power supply on, the parameters saved in the NV memory will be sent to the RAM. Then, the recalculation and setup for the parameters are executed in the RAM.

The parameters written via RS-485 communication (MODBUS) are written in the RAM and parameters changed via the MEXE02 software or via the OPX-2A control module are written to the NV memory. Therefore, one option would be to use the MEXE02 or OPX-2A to save the parameters.

A second option would be to use the “Batch NV memory write” command using MOBUS. This writes the parameters saved in the RAM to the NV memory. Please note that the NV memory can be rewritten approximately 100,000 times. From your post, it sounds like you were trying to turn on the register when you instead need to write the value of 1 to the register 0193h (403 decimal).

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”