AR Series FLEX Network I/O

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
gtsuport

AR Series FLEX Network I/O

Postby gtsuport » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Good Afternoon,
I am trying to help a customer sort out a new installation.
The system has AR Series Flex stepper drives.
They are planning to use Modbus RTU communication for control.

The HM-60065-7E manual on page 46 talks about Network I/O and RS-485 communications.
The customer is thinking these I/O points can be set up and controlled over Modbus.
My understanding is these network I/O points are for drive to drive communication bits with an FA network.

Would someone be able to provide a clarification of the purpose of the network I/O?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
gtsuport

om_tech_support_JS

Re: AR Series FLEX Network I/O

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi gtsuport,

When using Modbus (RS-485) communication, you will be writing and reading from registers. The driver input command register is the 007Dh (125 decimal register). Inside of this register, there will be the Network I/O bits. You will turn on and off the bits (similar to turning on and off I/O switches) when writing to this register. There is a factory default setting of the Network I/O bits, but you can re-assign the bits to be which ever Network I/O you choose. You can see the information on the "Assignment of Network I/O" on pages 49 and 50 of the manual linked below. The register list needed to make the changes to these Network I/O can be found on pages 163-164 of the linked manual:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 065-9E.pdf

You can also reference the "Parameter Read/Write commands" on page 158 of the linked manual for setting the position and speed information to the driver.
NOTE: you can also preset the position and speed information via the MEXE02 software and run it using the modbus register 007Dh (125 decimal) which can be found on page 153.

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”