Drive a Sanyo denki Motor by wexta driver

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
Hadi

Drive a Sanyo denki Motor by wexta driver

Postby Hadi » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:54 pm

Dear friends
I have a big problem. I bought the 5-phase driver (CSD5814N-Wexta driver), Vexta motor (PK566-NA) and sanyo denki Motor (103H7522). When I run the vexta motor with this driver, the motor move smoothly (OK). but when I changed the motor to Sanyo denki, the motor run but not softly as like vexta motor. Plsese kindly let me know how can I solve this problem. Many Many thanks.

Hadi

Re: Drive a Sanyo denki Motor by wexta driver

Postby Hadi » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:39 pm

Excuse me for the mistake. I mean the Vexta Driver.

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:38 am

Hi Hadi,

Our motors and drivers have been tested together. This testing helps in designing the drivers to provide a system of current control that produces the least possible vibration out of the motors. Apart from that, we also put emphasis on our manufacturing processes in order to produce a motor with minimal mechanical and electrical errors. When combined, our motor with our driver will typically provide the lowest vibration.

Is there a requirement for using the Sanyo Denki Motor (103H7522) over the PK566-NA motor? If so, there are several ways to attempt to reduce the vibration of a stepper motor. Please reference the forum article below for a list of ideas:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=344

One key thing to point out is to ensure that the appropriate A/phase is provided to the motor. The CSD5814N- driver can provide a maximum of 1.4 A/phase to the stepper motor. Do you know what A/phase the 103H7522 motor requires?

Extending on everything that has been said, we have also released our CVK series stepper motors. The CVK series vibration characteristics have been significantly improved across all speed ranges. For further information on switching to a CVK series product for reducing vibration characteristics, please reference the forum posting below:
viewtopic.php?t=1042

Hadi

Postby Hadi » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Dear Friend
Thanks for your quick response. I have some questions.
1-I don't understand what is difference between 'rated output current', "motor RUN current "?
2- Whether the current at motor standstill is set for half of rated current or not?
thanks for your help

Hadi

Postby Hadi » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:49 pm

And
Is the TIMING (Excitation Timing) Signal voltage or current and how measure?
If it is voltage, is it 5V?
Thanks

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi Hadi,

The rated output current is the maximum current that the driver can output to the motor. For the CSD5814N- driver, the rated ouput current is 1.4 Amps. You can then adjust the RUN current dial to adjust the current sent to the motor. You would need to follow the steps on page 15 of the manual linked below to provide the appropriate current to the motor.
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... -4154E.pdf

When the driver was shipped from the factory, it had the motor standstill current set to half the rated current. This current value is set to half in order to help lower the temperature of the motor. You can adjust the STOP dial to change the standstill current. You would need to follow the steps on page 16 of the manual for adjusting the STOP dial.

Lastly, the Excitation Timing Output is an open collector output. Therefore, this output will require a supplied voltage. The maximum voltage that can be supplied is 24 VDC. Depending on the voltage supplied, you would need to connect an external resistor in order to keep the current to 10 mA or less.

nicky4441

Postby nicky4441 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:51 am

Thank You

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”