LabView control of USB connection to SCX10

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
michaelcox

LabView control of USB connection to SCX10

Postby michaelcox » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Hello,

I have a SCX10 controller and a RK series motor that I have set up and can operate through the Immediate Motion Creator. I want to operate them through LabView, as I am looking to coordinate movement with a furnace that I am already controlling through LabView. I know that there is no official Orientalmotor manuals on doing this, but I had seen that several other people in the forum were able to do this. I was hoping to get pointed in the right direction as to the best way of connecting to Labview with the USB-SCX10 connection. I had seen one person using VISA?

Thanks,
Michael

om_tech_support_JT

Re: LabView control of USB connection to SCX10

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi Michael,

Yes, some of our customers were able to use the National Instruments VISA (Virtual Instrument Software Architecture) as a programming interface between our hardware/controller and LabView. You'll need to use VISA to send the same ASCII commands that our Immediate Motion Creator GUI software would send when executing commands. You may need an ASCII translator tool or a code sniffer along with the SCX10 operating manual to figure this out. Since we're not LabView or VISA experts, unfortunately, we cannot offer exact instructions.

You can refer to the following links for more information:

http://www.ni.com/visa/

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=98

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=392

Hopefully this helps.

artmuz62

Postby artmuz62 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:50 am

Thanks for the useful information! I helped your advice!

jackseasonna35

Postby jackseasonna35 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:54 am

thank you

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”