CVD driver voltage input

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
Stepperquiet

CVD driver voltage input

Postby Stepperquiet » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:00 pm

I ordered a CVD242BR-K driver which I need to test in my four motor system to make sure it will operate satisfactorily before I order the remaining three drivers and a 24 VDC power supply. My existing power supply has a 36 VDC output so I need to come up with a 24 VDC source to test the CVD driver. I was thinking of connecting two 12 Volt car batteries in series. When fully charged the batteries produce 12.6 volts each which would result in a 25.2 VDC power supply. Will a 25.2 VDC power input damage the CVD242BR-K driver?

om_tech_support_JS

Re: CVD driver voltage input

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi Stepperquiet,

In regards to your post, the CVD242BR-K driver was not tested, nor was it designed to be run off of car batteries. Therefore, you will need to test at your own risk.

With that being said, the CVD242BR-K driver will require a 24 VDC input. As shown in the manual, the voltage is 24 VDC +/- 10%. Therefore the maximum voltage that the driver can accept is 26.4 VDC. This can be referenced from page 5 of the manual linked below:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 128-2E.pdf

Apart from the voltage, the CVD242BR-K driver will require 3.6 Amps or more of current. This is referenced from page 6 of the manual.

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”