Controlling AZD-AD via Matlab

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
icontrolthings

Controlling AZD-AD via Matlab

Postby icontrolthings » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:02 pm

I was wondering if it is at all possible to control the AZD-AD driver directly via Matlab (connecting to CPU via RS-485). I essentially need to be able to send a sequence of commands (move to + 180, move back to -180, go home, repeat) and read back absolute positions from the encoder, and was wondering if I would be able to do this by sending either binary/hex commands to the driver.

Thanks!

om_tech_support_JS

Re: Controlling AZD-AD via Matlab

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Hi icontrolthings,

In regards to your post, there have been very few posts to our forum about using our products with MATLAB. However, there was another previous post regarding the FLEX products being used with MATLAB:
viewtopic.php?t=853

Our FLEX products can operate off of Modbus RTU (RS-485) so we are familiar with the modbus registers necessary to operate the motor. However, we do not have experience with operating the product through MATLAB. As long as MATLAB can output the necessary RS-485 communication, then it should theoretically work and there have been customers that have used it in the past to control our products. Any further information on the integration of our AZD-AD driver with MATLAB that you could provide would greatly assist us in helping the next customer that wishes to control our products in this way.

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”