LSP and LSN sensor

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
tpham

LSP and LSN sensor

Postby tpham » Sat May 30, 2015 5:53 pm

I am new for SCX10 and I need help. I am learning the existing system in my work and I would like to know:
What are LSP (Limit Switch Positive) and LSN (Limit Switch Negative) and how they work?
For my understand is the switch is set the maximum travel length on both direction (positive and negative).
However my cart (moving platform) stops at middle between 2 sensors when I speed up the cart. For my observation is it will emergency stop when I set the velocity = 40 cm/second.
Below than that then it moves as design (from end to end). When the cart got sudden stop at middle con troll gave the error "LSP or LSN detected".
Please give me some ligth.
Thank you so much in advance
tp

om_tech_support_JT

Re: LSP and LSN sensor

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi tpham,

Limit switches are designed to limit your travel both on the positive and negative direction. When a limit sensor is connected to our LSP or LSN input, and it triggers our input to turn ON, our SCX10 controller will cease motor operation and stop program execution.

You seem to have 2 separate issues. One is the speed cannot be more than 40 cm/second. I'm not sure where this limitation comes from. The other issue is the "LSP or LSN detected" error which is caused by one of the limit switches turning ON during normal operation.

I would first check your sensors and their wiring to the SCX10. Then I would check the SCX10 settings for homing and sensor logic to make sure everything is set up right. Hope this helps.

artmuz62

Re: LSP and LSN sensor

Postby artmuz62 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:53 am

I'm new and I'm interested in this topic. Thank you!

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”