Is Capacitor needed? 4RK25GN-AM

Discuss AC Induction motors, Reversible motors, Synchronous motors, Low-Speed Synchronous motors, Torque motors, Gearheads, Brake Packs and related Accessories here.
cdegroodt

Is Capacitor needed? 4RK25GN-AM

Postby cdegroodt » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:21 am

I am looking at purchasing a 4RK25GN-AM with GN12.5K Gear head to raise and lower a theater curtain. I really need the electromagnetic break it seems to provide. Question is do I need a capacitor and if so how do I wire it? or can I directly wire the motor to a SPDT switch for forward an reverse.

Thanks for the help. Pretty new to all this and I am helping out at the local children's theater and the show opens this weekend.

cdegroodt

Re: Is Capacitor needed? 4RK25GN-AM

Postby cdegroodt » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:50 am

OK So clearly a starter capacitor is needed. I have that much figured out. I am trying to understand the magnetic break and is there a need for a resistor and capacitor in series to the switch or is it built into the break?

om_tech_support_JT

Re: Is Capacitor needed? 4RK25GN-AM

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi cdegroodt,

We apologize for the late reply. I hope you got it figured out before the show. Next time if you need a quick answer, please call 800-468-3982 and speak to our tech support engineers. The 4RK25GN-AM motor with a 4GN12.5K gearhead are really old, discontinued, Japanese standard product which we haven't been supporting for a while now.

The capacitor is definitely needed. Please refer to a wiring diagram of a 4RK25GN-AM-115 motor which is was the US equivalent model (attached; see last page). We do not provide the wiring for the Japanese motor in English. The resistor/capacitor circuit is actually a surge suppression circuit that we sell as an accessory, and it's designed to protect the external switches used with our motors.

[ EPCR1201-2 ]
http://catalog.orientalmotor.com/item/a ... epcr1201-2
Attachments
4RK25GN-AM-115, 5RK40GN-AM-115.pdf
(385.42 KiB) Downloaded 426 times

Return to “AC Motors”