WIRING DIAGRAMME 5RK40GN-CTE Please

Discuss AC Induction motors, Reversible motors, Synchronous motors, Low-Speed Synchronous motors, Torque motors, Gearheads, Brake Packs and related Accessories here.
douginaus

WIRING DIAGRAMME 5RK40GN-CTE Please

Postby douginaus » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Hi, I have bought a 5RK40GN-CTE reversable motor for use on a small sheet metal bead roller I am adapting to power rather than manual and am chasing a wiring diagram if available please. it is a new unit I bought of ebay in Australia and did come with the capacitor which is only a 2 pin not a 4 pin as I see on many of your unit diagrams. also want to check I will need the capacitor for my useage it is 240v single phase, I will need to use reverse function but wont be smashing from one direction to another immediately. Also with only a two pin capacitor I am guessing it is only the hot/live/white wire that goes through the capacitor on its way to power side of switch.
thank you for your help
doug

om_tech_support_JS

Re: WIRING DIAGRAMME 5RK40GN-CTE Please

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:46 am

Hi Doug,

The 5RK40GN-CTE is a discontinued Japanese motor. Therefore, you will not be able to find the wiring diagram for this product on our website. I have provided a scanned copy of the wiring diagram from the Japanese catalog which has this motor.
5RK40GN-CTE wiring diagram.pdf
(275.56 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

Since this is a Permanent Split capacitor type AC motor, it will require the 2 pin capacitor which came with the motor. Terminals 1 and 2 of the motor will be connected to the opposite sides of the capacitor. Terminal 4 will be your ground wire. Then terminal 3 will be connected to one of your power lines and the other power line can be switched between the capacitor pins to change the direction.

The 5RK40GN-CTE motor is a reversible motor. A reversible motor can reverse directions on the fly. These motors, however have a 30 minute duty cycle. An induction motor (5IK40GN-CW2TE) can also change directions, however the motor needs to be stopped first before the motor's direction can be changed.

douginaus

Re: WIRING DIAGRAMME 5RK40GN-CTE Please

Postby douginaus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:54 pm

thanks will put it together and see how it runs
Doug

Return to “AC Motors”