torque motor

Discuss AC Induction motors, Reversible motors, Synchronous motors, Low-Speed Synchronous motors, Torque motors, Gearheads, Brake Packs and related Accessories here.
ncmcolt

torque motor

Postby ncmcolt » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:30 am

I have a 2TK3CGN-A with 2GN25K gear head torque motor rated for 100volts 3watts. Because this motor is from Japan, I believe, I need to know, how to control the speed. I do have a 120volt to 100volt transformer. As well there are 5 wires, 2yellow, 2blue, 1purple. Can anyone explain how to wire this motor?

mctech

Re: torque motor

Postby mctech » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Thank you for using Oriental Motor technical forum.
First, the 2TK3CGN-A is rated for AC100V input. Please make sure to use a transformer so that the motor will not see over voltage.
The wiring is as simple as following.
Black wire to Live of the AC power,
Yellow wire to Neutral of the AC power and one terminal of the capacitor(part number CH70 or equivalent),
White wire to the other terminal of the capacitor,
Blue wire to No.2 terminal of the potentiometer(part number PAVR-20KY or equivalent,20k Ohms, 1/4w),
Blue wire to No.3 terminal of the potentiometer.
Please make sure to use the manufacture's capacitor and the potentiometer. You may also want to watch the motor temperature since the Torque motor has limited duty depneding the setting. For a reference, you can run continuous for 10k Ohms or higher setting of the potentiometer and 5 minutes for less than 10k Ohms. This temperature rise characteristics may vary depending on applications too, if you see the motor case temperature comes close to 190F, please lower the setting.
If you have more question, please let us know or you can also call at 1-800-468-3982 to discuss with our Technical support.

ncmcolt

Re: torque motor

Postby ncmcolt » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:27 am

Thank you for the information. I will have more questions since this is all new to me.

Return to “AC Motors”