ES01

Discuss AC Induction motors, Reversible motors, Synchronous motors, Low-Speed Synchronous motors, Torque motors, Gearheads, Brake Packs and related Accessories here.
ncmcolt

ES01

Postby ncmcolt » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:41 pm

I will be using two 2TK3CGN with 2GN25K gear heads to wind my transformer. One motor rotates the winding spindle the other tracks the wire along the spindle and needs to reverse, winding the second layer of wire. Your ES01 allows me to brake the motor rotation.
Can this ES01 brake both motors?
I do have a 100Volt AC transformer power supply. I have ordered two external speed potentiometers as well as two capacitors for the two motors. By simply switching the supply off stops both motors.
Will both motors slow down or stop immediately? ( best guess for amount of rotation when slowing down? )
Simply using a switch, no ES01, can I reverse the motor?

om_tech_support_JT

Re: ES01

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:54 pm

The ES series speed controllers were designed to control ES series motors. The 2TK3CGN/2GN25K gearmotors are not from the ES series. They're Japanese standard torque motors which were designed to stall continuously rather than control speed. The ES series controllers were designed to control one motor at a time.

By simply shutting off the power supply to both motors, your torque motors would coast to a stop depending on how much inertia you're driving with the motor. The more you have, the more time it takes to stop. You can reverse direction once the motor has come to a complete stop. You can simply use a switch to switch direction on your motor by switching your supply between the yellow and white wires. The black wire is always connected to one line of your power supply, and you would supply the other line to either yellow or white.

Hope this helps.

Return to “AC Motors”