3IK15GN-AUL wiring

Discuss AC Induction motors, Reversible motors, Synchronous motors, Low-Speed Synchronous motors, Torque motors, Gearheads, Brake Packs and related Accessories here.
ricksteskal

3IK15GN-AUL wiring

Postby ricksteskal » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Hello,

Question regarding the wiring of motor 3IK15GN-AUL
I have already downloaded the wiring diagram from the Oriental Motor site.

My question is, which lead should be connected to the motors capacitor, the positive or neutral lead ?
Or does it not make any difference?

Thanks,
Rick S.

om_tech_support_JT

Re: 3IK15GN-AUL wiring

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm going to include a link for the wiring diagram anyway because you might not have the exact wiring diagram. The exact wiring diagram has the motor lead wire colors on there and indicates which wires are connected to the capacitor. The specific wires connected to the capacitor depends on CW or CCW rotation. 2 other wires (out of 5 total) will need to be jumpered together.

SEE PAGE A-47 FOR MOTOR WIRING:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 31-A73.PDF

SEE PAGE A-17 FOR CAPACITOR WIRING:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... A2-A30.pdf

ricksteskal

Postby ricksteskal » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Thanks for the reply, however I suppose I did not word my question correctly.

I do have the current wiring diagram, but I suppose a better way to word my question is,

In regard to my 110 volt supply lines does it matter which lead wire the "neutral" is connected to?
Should it be to the red motor lead wire or should it be connected to the capacitor lead wire, which would be black or grey for this motor depending on CW or CCW rotation.

Thanks again for the help.

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:31 am

Sorry for the misunderstanding. In our newer motor wiring diagrams, we do show that the BLACK motor wire is always connected to NEUTRAL, and you would switch the LIVE wire to either terminal of the capacitor where the RED and BLACK motor wires are connected to switch direction. You would connect the RED and BLACK wires on opposite ends of the capacitor. Our newer motors have only 3 wires for simpler connection while your old version has 5 wires.

NEWER MOTOR WIRING DIAGRAMS ON PAGE C-26:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... ac_ind.pdf

For your old motor, I would suggest that you connect your RED motor wire to NEUTRAL and leave it, then use the LIVE to connect to a terminal on the capacitor. The motor wires that also connect to the 2 or 4 prongs/terminals on the capacitor depends on which direction you wish to rotate the motor. Please refer back to the CAPACITOR INSTALLATION link for more details.

ricksteskal

Postby ricksteskal » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 pm

OK, thanks

My original question could have been worded better.
I will probably purchase the newer style motor in the near future, for its ease of changing motor direction.
Thanks again,
Rick S.

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi Rick,

Here's the link again for the new AC motors. The wiring diagram for the new 3 wire motors is on page C-26:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... ac_ind.pdf

This link was cut off in my last post.

The suggested replacement motor for the 3IK15GN-AUL would be 3IK15GN-AW2U. We now use a long-life grease in the bearing so the expected life of the motor will double. We also offer a long-life type gearbox which lasts 10,000 hours of continuous use under maximum conditions (also doubled). Let us know if/when you would like to upgrade your gearbox since I will need your existing model number. To see all available gear ratios for the motor, please search the model number on our website.

mnedgeppolo

Postby mnedgeppolo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:10 am

Thank you informed me.

Return to “AC Motors”